Terms and Conditions
- Terms of Service
1.1. These terms. Please read these Terms of Service, our Privacy Notice and Acceptable Use Policy prior to accessing or using any program material, program or cohort pages or platforms, directories or other electronic services (“Services”) or registering for any programs or using any portion of the CRISPR BTE website including all content and pages located within and accessible at the crispr-bte.com web domain (“Site”).
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1. Who we are. We are CRISPR Biotech Engineering Limited, a company registered in England and Wales; and operating the site at crispr-bte.com (“we”, “us” or “our”). Our company registration number is 12189448 and our registered office is at 22 Salisbury Cl, Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales CF48 1SD.
2.2. How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at our registered office.
3. Other applicable terms.
3.2 Changes to our Agreements. We may make changes to our Agreements at any time but will alert you that we are doing so by giving notice on the Site or by some other means. By accessing our Site or registering for or using our Services after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement to the modified Agreements and all of the changes, which will be effective immediately unless we notify you of a later effective date. If the changes are not acceptable to you, you should discontinue use of the Site and/or our Services.
4. Our Services.
4.1 Eligibility. Account registration and participation on our Site and in any Program is generally restricted to individuals of 18 years or older who are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties contained within the Agreements. By registering for a Program or participating in our Services or functions on our Site, you hereby represent that: (i) you are 18 years of age or older and have the authority and legal capacity to enter into the Agreements; or (ii) you are 13 years of age or older, you are only registering for or accessing a Program, Service or function on our Site that we have expressly allowed people between 13 and 18 years of age to register for or access, that we have established for registration or access by such people have been met. In addition, those who wish to register and participate on the Site and in any Program must meet any other minimum requirements set out in the Agreements. Programs may have additional eligibility or admission requirements, as specified on the applicable Program section of our Site. If you do not qualify or do not agree to these terms, you may not use our Site or access our Programs.
4.2 Our Programs. We offer online courses, programs or other offerings in specific areas of study or on particular topics (each, a “Program”) through our Site. We reserve the right to cancel, interrupt or reschedule any Program or modify its content as well as the point value or weight of any assignment, exam or other evaluation of progress that may be provided in connection with any Program.
5. Your conduct
5.1 Content standards. You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Site and will at all times comply with content standards provided under the Acceptable Use Policy
5.2 Participations. You further agree that if you participate in any Program, you agree to complete all work, including any exams, associated with each Program in which you may be enrolled with your own, original work and only your own, original work, and you agree not to engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve your results, or improve or hurt the results of others. In addition, unless otherwise stated in the respective Program, you agree that any exams, quizzes or questions provided in connection with each Program are for your individual use only. Copying, capturing, transmitting or providing all or any part of the exams, quizzes or questions to any other person is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to pursue any and all legal remedies against you if you violate this Agreement.
6. User Accounts, unauthorised use and additional information
6.1 User Accounts. In order to participate in most Site activities, you must register for a personal account on our Site (a “User Account”) by providing an email address and a password for your User Account, as well as any additional information required herein or on our Site. We will provide such participants with separate credentials necessary to register for and access the Site where applicable, though you will need to create your own password to access our site (collectively, “Login Credentials”). You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information to your User Account or Login Credentials with any third party for any reason. You also agree that you will create, use, and/or access only one User Account, and that you will not access our Site using any User Account or Login Credentials other than your own.
6.2 Unauthorised use. You agree to notify us immediately upon becoming aware of or suspecting any unauthorised use of your User Account or Login Credentials. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your User Account or Login Credentials.
6.3 Additional information. In registering for a User Account or obtaining Login Credentials, or completing an application and registering for a Program, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, including but not limited to your name and location. Additional information may be required to confirm your identity, and different or additional information may be required depending on your use of our Site or enrolment in Programs. You warrant that all such information provided by you is accurate, current, complete, and complies with your obligations under the Agreements. You also agree to maintain and update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if any such information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of our Site.
7. Our intellectual property rights.
7.1 License granted. We grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use any and all intellectual property rights provided through our Site and/or via the Programs solely for the purposes specified in the Agreements.
7.2. Use of CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content and any third-party content. We may make CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content (as defined below) available to you on our Site or through the Programs. You may obtain and use CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content only for your own personal, non-commercial use in connection with browsing our Site or participating in our Programs. You may only copy and modify CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content as necessary for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not transfer, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or create derivative works of the CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content. You will not reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise access the source code for any software that may be used to operate our Site or our Programs. Notwithstanding the foregoing, certain reference documents, digital textbooks, articles and other information on our Site may be made available to you with the permission of third parties and use of such third-party material may be subject to certain rules and conditions, which we will post along with the material or otherwise inform you about. You agree to abide by all such rules and conditions.
7.3 Definition of CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content. For the purposes of this clause 7, CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content shall mean all content or other material, in whole or in part, available on our Site or through our Programs, including but not limited to lectures, speeches, discussions, comments, video lessons, quizzes, tests, presentation materials, homework assignments, programs, code, and other images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, documents, materials, audio and video clips, interactive diagrams, HTML and files. All CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content is the property of CRISPR Biotech Engineering and/or its affiliates or licensors and is protected by copyright, patent and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights under United Kingdom and foreign law.
7.4 Use of our Marks. The licenses granted under this clause 7 do not include your right to use the CRISPR Biotech Engineering logos, trademarks and service marks that may appear on the Site (“Marks”). These Marks are the property of CRISPR Biotech Engineering and are protected under United Kingdom and foreign laws. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used on our Site, with or without attribution, are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
7.5 Reservation of rights. CRISPR Biotech Engineering and/or its affiliates and licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted herein to our Site, Programs, CRISPR Biotech Engineering Content, and Marks.
8.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the Services, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Services in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
8. Price and payment
8.1 Where to find the price for the Services. The price of the Services (which excludes VAT) will be the price indicated when you place your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Services advised to you is correct. However please see clause 8.2 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Services.
8.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Services we sell may be incorrectly priced. If the Service’s correct price at the date you ordered is higher than the price stated to you and such a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may refund you any sums you have paid (provided such Services have not yet taken place).
8.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. You must make payment when ordering the Service and we accept payment by any major credit or debit card.
9.1 Termination of our Services. We may at any time terminate our Services by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is dues, and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that that payment os due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with informations that is necessary for us to provide the Services, for example, your full name and address;
- you are in breach of the licenses given to you in clause 7 above.
9.2 You must compensate us if you are in breach. If we terminate our Services in the situations set out in clause 9.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Services we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your being in breach.
9.3 We may withdraw the Services. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Services. We will let you know at least one month in advance of our stopping the supply of the Services and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the Services which will not be provided.
10. Links. Our Site may include hyperlinks to websites or applications maintained or controlled by other parties. We are not responsible for and do not routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these websites or applications. If you decide to access linked third-party websites or applications, you do so at your own risk.
11. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
11.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with the terms of the agreements, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking team or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss of damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Agreements were entered into, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
11.2. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for deaths or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
11. 3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Services for domestic and private use. If you use the Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12. Other important terms
12.1 We may transfer the Agreements to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Agreements to another organisation.
12.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms given in the Agreements to another person if we agree to this in writing.
12.3 Nobody else has any rights under the Agreements. The Agreements are between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of their terms.
12.4 If a court finds part of the Agreements illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the clauses within the Agreements operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
12.5 Even if we delay in enforcing any terms in the Agreements, we can still enforce them later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under the terms of the Agreements, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking any of the terms of the Agreements, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
12.6 Which laws apply to the Agreements and where you may bring legal proceedings. The Agreements are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
CRISPR Biotech Engineering will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after payment and before course commencing for our programs.
We do not offer refund for our eBook purchases because of the nature of the product.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SITE
- Information about us and how to contact us
1.1. Who we are. We are CRISPR Biotech Engineering Limited, a company registered in England and Wales; and operating the site at onummix.com (“we”, “us” or “our”). Our company registration number is 12189448 and our registered office is at 22 Salisbury Cl, Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales CF48 1SD.
1.2. How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at our registered office.
2. Other applicable terms.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of the terms in the Agreements.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
CRISPR Biotech Engineering will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from CRISPR Biotech Engineering, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms of Service upon which you are permitted to use our Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
How this contract can be transferred
We can transfer our rights and obligations under the Agreements to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.